I want to welcome all of our families to the 2018-2019 school year. We are so excited to start school next week and know it will be an amazing year here at the Elmwood Street School. As we begin our school year, I wanted to share some updates, important changes and dates for the upcoming next few weeks.
Our first big change will be the start and ending times for school. Due to a change in bus schedules, we will begin our day at 8:38 when doors at Elmwood will open for students (students after 8:59 will be considered late). Please do not leave your students outside the building prior to 8:38. Dismissal will begin at 2:59 and finish at 3:24. This represents an 8 minute moving up of our day and the overall length of the school day will remain the same.
Secondly, our handbook and calendar are available on our website and can be accessed at https://elmwood.millburyschools.org/documents/elmwood-handbook-2018-2019 . A hard copy of the calendar which include the 6 day rotation schedule will be made available for all families. We have hard copies of the handbook available in the office. Please email Peggy Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy.
Here are some upcoming dates to be aware of as we start our school year.
- Monday August 27th from 6:30-7:30 will be our Ice Cream Social.
- Wednesday August 29th is the 1st day for grades 1-3
- Kindergarten Orientation for parents and students is August 29th: 10:00-11:30 for students last named A-L and 12:00-1:30 for students last named M-Z
- Kindergarten begins on Thursday August 30th
- Preschool Orientation for parents and students is Friday August 31st. 10:00-11:00 for morning classes and 1:00-2:00 for afternoon classes.
- Monday September 3rd - No School: Labor Day
- Preschool begins on Tuesday September 4th.
In preparation for the 1st day of school please have the following ready to come to school with your child.
- Bus Transportation form
- Bus Label to be worn by your child
- Snack and Lunch or Lunch money
We look forward to seeing all of you next week!
Andy Hall and Corey Burke